Sunday, May 14, 2017

Lately

Wow just reread my last post from about a month ago when I thought D and I were going to break up!  Yikes.  Glad that didn't happen.  Luckily we were able to work everything and I think our relationship is in a really great place now:)

Here's whats been happening around here lately:

  • We put our sweet rescue dog Lucy to sleep last week.  It was so sad but I know the right thing to do.  She had cancer and was starting to feel pain and it wasn't fair to her.  We will be adopting another senior dog, but may wait until after some summer trips.  In my opinion senior dogs are the best!  They are housebroken and very laid back.  We don't have the time for a puppy.  Maybe I do have the time but I'm not interested in using it to teach an animal not to go to the bathroom in my living room.  No thank you!  And often times senior dogs are overlooked so I feel so bad for them.  
  • Just got home today from a trip to Islamorada.  Islamorada is in the Florida Keys and its beautiful and very relaxing!  Its a big fishing destination.  Fishing isn't my thing but I love laying in the sun.  There were manatee in the canal in front of our condo.  It was really neat!  We had a great meal at Lazy Days.  I also recommend Robbie's...its a cool outdoor bar.  Food isn't impressive but its a fun atmosphere.
  • I just started watching Big Little Lies.  I read the book about a year ago and loved it!  I just finished episode 3 and I am hooked.  I LOVE Reese Witherspoon!
  • I need to write a debt update post, but I have about $9500 left to pay off.  I feel like I am making progress!
  • I've finally jumped on the "not washing your hair everyday" bandwagon.  I'm only a few days in but well see how it goes.  I have thin hair that doesn't have a lot of volume.  Ive been told washing it less will add volume to it.  I purchased a dry shampoo today but haven't used it yet.  Any one else do this?  Anything I need to know?  I am worried about it being gross on days I work out and get all sweaty but I'll just go with it for now and see what happen.
  • I made this granola today and love it! Paleo Granola
  • Going to see a live Dave Ramsey event this week!  I am geeking out!  I am so excited.  I hope I can shake his hand.  I will probably be so nervous and freak out.  I feel like a teenager going to a Backstreet Boys concert:)
Hope you had a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment