Monday, January 9, 2017

Alcohol Free

My Goal #18 for 2017 is to have zero alcohol related fights or issues.  Its 9 days into the year and I have already screwed that up.  Actually I only made it 7 days into the year.  I drank WAY too much over the weekend and really embarrassed myself and my boyfriend.  I have spent the past two days hungover and feeling guilty.  What a waste of life!  So I have decided to cut alcohol out of my life for awhile.  I'm not sure how long I am going to do this.  I don't have a definite plan but trying to moderate was NOT working.  Before things go too far I am just going to abstain.  I don't know exactly what this means.  I'm not sure if I have a legitimate alcohol problem or just a lack of control.
These are the things I am going to try to figure out.

A lot of what I do for fun involves alcohol.  Whether its meeting a friend for happy hour or going out for dinner and drinks or going on the boat or to the beach.  I know alcohol doesn't have to be present at these things but for my group it typically is.  It will take a little adjusting to get used to not drinking but I know I can do it.  Also, I would like to find a few new non-alcohol related things to do.  I feel like I am heading in the correct direction.  I feel like this is what I need to do for me right now.  I hope my boyfriend will be supportive and encouraging.  99% of the fights that my boyfriend and I have had involve alcohol so I think this will bring a lot of peace to my life.  That is what I am looking forward too.

No comments:

Post a Comment