Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Recent Reads

 love to read!  When we first moved into our new condo we didn't have cable for the first 6 months.  Not because we were being cheap but we didn't want to waste an entire day waiting for them to show up.  During that time I really increased the amount of books I was reading and even though we caved and got cable I still read a ton.  I wanted to share a few books that I have read recently.

Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld - 2 stars
I have read two of her other books, American Wife and Sisterland.  Sisterland is one of my favorite books ever so I was excited to read Prep.  Unfortunately I had a really hard time getting into this book.  I kept waiting for something to happen or for it to grab my attention but it never really did. The book is about a teenager girl Lee that is an outcast and she attends a upper class prep school. My book club is reading her book Eligible this month. I just picked it up from the library so I will give that one a shot. 

The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware - 2 stars
Unfortunately this book was a disappointment too.  There were a lot of characters in it but I didn't think they were developed very well.  I kept getting confused trying to remember who was who.  The book is a mystery and usually I can't put these types of books down but this one didn't really hold my attention. 

The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy - 4 stars
This is a self help type of book.  I really enjoyed it!  The book is all about doing small things every day that get you closer to your goals.  It shows how big things take time to happen and its what you do continuously that really makes a difference.  Definitely worth reading!

Have you read anything good lately?  I need suggestions!  Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment